Friday, December 28, 2012

Victorian Adventurer - 28mm Wargames Foundry

"Peace be with you"
The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge submissions continue.  This figure is from an old Wargames Foundry pack of "Victorian Adventurers".  I am thinking this is a Perry sculpt, but I don't know for certain.  I painted this fellow up as a preacher - it is hard to see in the photos, but there is a little cross on the book he is holding.

This figure looks to me like the sort of hapless adventuring type that would try and spread the gospel in places like the Sudan, so I think he will make either a good objective model, or just a neat piece of ephemera for the colonial gaming table.

There are several other neat models in that Foundry pack - a steam boat captain, a trader, other fun items.  The group of them would make some entertaining prisoners/useful idiots in a Sudan game.  This challenge is the perfect excuse to get them painted!

4 comments:

Rodger said...

Nice figure and great painting and basing Greg!

Simon Quinton said...

Nicely done, I like a lot of the Foundry packs full of really useful characterful miniatures

iFelix said...

Really nice painting and a good base too. Like it.

DeanM said...

A nice and useful figures. I can see him at Rorke's Drift too :)! Best, Dean